An Active Autumn
September 28, 2019 - November 17, 2019
Larnaka offers plenty of opportunity to do so this season with several major sporting events.
Be Active Night - European Week of Sports
- Time: 4:30 - 10 pm
- Date: 28 September
- Place: Europe Square, palm tree promenade
- Description: Part of 'European Week of Sports', the 'Be Active Night' will take place across Europe and invites people to join in a variety of different sporting activities (registration required).
15th International Swimming Marathon and Mediterranean Open Water Swimming Cup
- Time: 7:30am onwards
- Date: 5-6 October
- Place: Open seas of Foinikoudes palm tree promenade / Medieval Fort
- Description: Annual swimming marathon that sees swimmers from all over the world test their endurance and open sea skills in the waters in front of the Medieval Fort on Foinikoudes promenade. The event is conducted in accordance to FINA and LEN Open Water Swimming Rules and Regulations. The distances are: 2.5km, 5km and 7.5km with categories for men, women, mixed relay and children (14-17 years).
Infinity Depth Games 5
- Place: Larnaka coastline
- Date: 13-19 October
- Description: The Infinity Depth Games is an annual International Depth Competition that will take place in the coastal area of Larnaka and is a unique extreme sports competition that involves athletes depth diving into the sea on one breath. The Infinity Depth Games 5 will have 4 Competition days and athletes will be allowed to choose from the 3 depth disciplines. (CWT, FIM, CNF). The competition will be under AIDA regulations and results will be registered in the AIDA ranking system.
3rd Radisson Blu Larnaka International Marathon
- Time: 8am
- Date: 17 November
- Description: Now in its third year, the past two marathons have attracted over 5,000 participants from more than 25 countries. The event includes road races: Marathon (42.195 km) / Half-marathon (21.095 km) / 10 km / 5 km Individual / 5 km Corporate / 1 km
Find out more information for all events here.