New Food on the Block
Cyprus’ gastronomical map is full of new arrivals.
- Perhaps this year’s most anticipated arrival is Tocayo. A minimalist space in the heart of the city, Tocayo offers Southeast Asian, Latin American-style fusion cuisine by renowned chef Andreas Andreou. As an added bonus, the cocktails are made by famous mixologist Dinos Constantinides. 10 PREVEZIS ST, +357 70088089
- The Jolly Joker, little brother to Nicosia’s Skinny Fox, is a neat space with a 30’s era vibe and is ideal for casual drinks and nibbles. Famous chef Alexandros Charalambopoulos offers creative, signature dishes based on Cypriot ingredients. 26 SΤASIKRATOUS ST, +357 22777774
- Three highly anticipated arrivals come with the brand new hotel, Amara. Ristorante Locatelli, helmed by distinguished chef Giorgio Locatelli with his signature flare, brings the ultimate in Italian food to town. Matsuhisa Limassol promises the ultimate Japanese, Peruvian-style fusion experience with an array of dishes created by legendary chef Nobu Matsuhisa. Lastly, we have Armyra by Papaioannou. Named after the award-winning Greek chef, this unique seafood restaurant offers true Greek cuisine with a creative spin. 95 AMATHUS AVENUE, AGIOS TYCHONAS, +357 25442222
- Three other arrivals worth mentioning also come from the new Parklane Luxury Resort; The Islands for excellent fish and seafood, The Grill for delicious steak sourced from aged beef from around the world, and Dafne, with a view of the sea, for Greek and Cypriot cuisine. 11 GIANNOU KRANIDIOTI ST, +357 25862000
- Wolfgang’s Steakhouse, beloved by the famous, recently “arrived” in Limassol from New York. An American atmosphere, delicious steak (USDA prime beef, aged in-house), a respectable collection of wine and high quality service are highlights here. 2 AMATHUS AV., +357 70004515
- The beautiful city Pafos also features new arrivals, the most important being Fort.O.Lana restaurant in the new Amavi Hotel. Its innovative, Mediterranean cuisine features favourites such as “trahanas” balls, pork belly with Commandaria wine and an exquisite orange cake with mastique ice cream. Amavi is also host to Nocturne, which could be referred to as a luxurious, culinary journey guided by award-winning chef Theodor Falser. 22 POSEIDONOS AV., +357 26522500
Superfood on the block
Enjoy delicious, healthy cuisine with a perfect balance between quality and nutritional value!
- Seed of Happiness is a pioneer in the field of free-from / vegan, raw delicacies and desserts, offering excellent cakes, muffins, chocolates and various other creations made without sugar, gluten and dairy. Incorporating natural, raw biological ingredients, they are packed with nutrients. The chocolate tart and snickers bar are definitely a must! 53G KYRENEIAS AV., PLATY, +357 99411937
- Get Fresh offers a big list of tasty salads, sandwiches, vegetarian wraps and amazing breakfasts. Their rich juices and smoothies are a must! 4DE ANDREAS DIMITRIOU, +357 22437374
- Inga’s Veggie Heaven is perhaps the only purely, vegetarian restaurant. Located at the start of the Old City, near Chrysaliniotissa, for almost a decade, Inga has made vegetarian burger and amazing lasagna. Her desserts simply must be tried! 2 DIMONAKTOS ST, +357 22344674
- Bakery Kafeneio in Limassol has established itself as a “go-to” spot for splendid breakfasts, lunch and desserts, all made with pure ingredients and sugar free. The pumpkin pancakes are a local favourite, as is the vegan cheesecakes. 4 EVELTHONTOS ST, +357 25106881
- Bowls, apart from its healthy, innovative smoothies, also serves breakfast for champions (superfood bowls) using the best Mother Nature has to offer.
There are no comments yet.